1. Important information and who we are
Real Estates comprises two businesses. The Totteridge office (32 Totteridge Lane, Totteridge N20 9QJ) is a partnership and the Woodside office (14/14a Sussex Ring, Woodside Park N12 7HX) is a sole trader. Each office is the data controller for the personal data it handles and is separately responsible for; and liable to you; for your personal data. The two Real Estates businesses are not companies so consequently are not registered at Companies House.
Personal data includes any information that identifies an individual, such as a name, address, email address, internet protocol address or telephone number.
We will collect personal data from people who:
1. require Real Estates to find a tenant to rent a property they own;
2. wish to enter into a tenancy for a property marketed for rent by Real Estates;
3. require Real Estates to find a buyer for a property they own;
4. wish to buy a property marketed for sale by Real Estates.
We will not use automated decision making / profiling to make decisions regarding you.
We do not transfer personal data outside the UK or European Economic Area.
2. The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data. These include.
• Residential status – including present and past addresses.
• Date of Birth.
• Marital status.
• Copies of identification and any verification data.
• Financial information – such as salary, bank details, mortgage statements, credit card details, credit referencing.
• Contact Data.
• Financial Data.
We will collect the information either when we meet you in our offices, via a telephone call or any online enquiry.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collect it which include the following:
• to register you as a new client i.e. instructing Real Estates to market your property;
• to manage your relationship with us which essentially means identifying appropriate properties or prospective tenants or buyers and liaising with you;
• to conduct credit checks and referencing;
• to assist you throughout the process which will include liaising with advisors and other third parties. If necessary we will introduce you third parties who can further assist you;
• to prepare Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements – this data will include bank details;
• to process payments and transactions including invoicing, debt collection, account reconciliations and related dispute resolution activities;
• to protect against and preventing fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering, tax evasion, claims and other liabilities;
• to keep in touch with you regarding property opportunities that we consider may interest you;
• to improve our website, services, marketing or customer relationships.
4. How we share your personal data
Save as set out below we do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you.
Please note that we contractually require service providers and processors to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf in line with data protection obligations and authorise them to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf and under our instruction or to comply with legal obligations and requirements.
The list below sets out the third parties with which we will share your personal data.
• We have to verify the identity of any client and to do so we use a third party provider.
• We work with a number of professional contacts to whom we may introduce you. These include mortgage and insurance brokers; surveyors or solicitors. These third parties are independent data controllers and will be responsible for their processing of your data. We will only make these introductions with your consent.
• We may share the information we collect, where applicable, with:
ii. property management estate agents and others providing similar services;
iii. any third party property sales service providers;
iv. insurance Companies;
v. any third party IT provider with whom we work;
vi. local authorities;
vii. water and other utility companies;
viii. law firms and EPC providers;
ix. credit agencies;
x. Her Majesty’s Land Registry Office (HMLR);
xi. Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC);
xii. any other relevant regulatory bodies and authorities.
• We may also share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
• If we sell our business or assets (wholly or partly) we reserve the right to transfer your information to the acquirer.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
6. Lawful processing
Under the GDPR any processing of personal data by a data controller has to have a lawful basis. The lawful basis for our processing of your personal data are:
• if you are a client then the processing of your data will be to enable us to perform our obligations under our contract;
• if you are a prospective buyer or tenant then we will process your personal data on the basis that you are dealing with us in our capacity as the agent for the owner of the property in which you are interested in buying or renting. As you would have approached us we will process your data on the basis that you have given us your consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time but we will not be in a position to continue to deal with you with opportunities we have introduced you to.
• if we have to meet legal obligations such as verifying identity for the Money Laundering Rules or disclosing data to the relevant authorities;
• where we continue to process your data such as sharing with you information regarding property opportunities then we do so because this is in our legitimate interest as a data controller. We are making you aware of opportunities that we consider maybe of interest to you. We update our records and remove people with whom we no longer have dealings . You can “unsubscribe” at any time.
7. Data Retention
We retain personal data of clients and the buyer or tenant with whom the client contracted for as long as we legally are required to. For example we have to retain certain financial data for a period of time.
We retain other personal data for as long as we consider the personal data to be relevant.
8. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.